RRB Group D Exam Pattern
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released the exam pattern of Group D which is discussed below. There are no changes announced by the RRB in the Group D exam pattern. The RRB Group D recruitment was released to recruit suitable candidates for the post of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level-I Posts.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2021
The RRB Group D Exam Pattern is done in three stages. The stages are mentioned below.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern, RRB Group D CBT Exam Pattern
The 1st stage is the RRB Group D CBT Exam. It comprises 4 sections of 25 questions in each section. The total marks of the CBT are 100 with a time duration of 1 hour 30 minutes.
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2.||General Awareness & Current affairs||20||20|
|3.||General Intelligence and reasoning||30||30|
Marking Scheme of RRB Group D CBT Exam
- The total marks of the CBT will be 100 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every question attempted wrong.
- No marks will be deducted for a question left unanswered.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. This percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of a shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Normalization of RRB Group D CBT Marks
- Shortlisting of Candidates for the DV shall be based on the marks obtained by them in the CBT.
- If multiple sessions of CBT is conducted then the marks will be normalized.
- In such a scenario shortlisting of candidates for the DV shall be based on the normalized marks.
RRB Group D Exam date 2021
RRB Group D Exam Pattern, RRB Group D PET Exam Pattern
All candidates who successfully clear the CBT Round will be called for PET or Physical Efficiency Test. The criteria for PET is slightly different for male and female candidates. The criteria for the PET is given below.
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
Points To Note For RRB Group D PET
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature
- The number of candidates called for PET will be three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs
- Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure the availability of an adequate/ reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts
- No change in criteria will be entertained by the Governing Body.
Read RRB Group D Syllabus
RRB Group D Exam Pattern, Document Verification
- On the basis of the performance of candidates in CBT and PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- In case of two or more candidates securing the same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be placed at higher merit and in case age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
- The candidates who are successful in DV are sent for Medical Examination.
Check, RRB NTPC Syllabus
|RRB Group D Admit card||RRB Group D Salary|
RRB Group D Exam Pattern, FAQs
Q. How can one prepare for RRB Group D?
Ans. As the exam dates are not yet announced, candidates have time to prepare for the exam. Candidates must begin with an understanding of the exam pattern since it tells regarding the overall structure of the test.
Q. What is the selection process of the RRB Group D?
Ans. The candidates must note that the selection process of RRB Group D involves Computer Based Test, Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test and at last the document verification/ medical.
Q. Is RRB Group D written exam conducted online or offline?
Ans. The written exam of the RRB Group D will be conducted in the online mode only as mentioned in the notification.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking for each answer wrongly marked in the exam. The candidates will be penalized with 1/3 of the marks of that question for the wrong answer.